Thursday 25 July 2013

DIY: Festival Fringe

Hello Fairies,

Please accept my sincere apologies for neglecting you for God knows how long. I really am sorry, though you were always on my mind. Well, let me catch you up on my crazy busy bee life. I went to the Wireless Festival last Friday and it was an exuberant day! I learned that I could constantly drink water and hold it in for 17 hours - I know, what a Boss B-). I was so close to touching Trey Songz, though the girl in front of me did *double sigh*. Justin Timberlake hit it out of the park for me (of corse). His performance was the best! He is so gorgeous, talented and a crucial asset to todays music industry. Not to mention, he performed The Jacksons' Shake Your Body Down to the Ground! I physically went insane with joy when this happened *closes eyes to reminisce* lol. I knew Mr Timberlake would include something of Michael; it was bound to happen, especially when he played the ending of This Place Hotel at the end of one of his songs. Moving on from my exceptional MJ knowledge, Wireless screamed DIY to me - more of the reason that I had no money and was asked to go 4 days before the concert. I know right?! My DIY outfit consisted of a headband, cropped fringe top and the festival fringe socks! But thank God summer is here! It will go significantly fast and there's nothing our young souls can do *cries* so let us come together and DIY! This one is simple and easy for you to do...


Your Helpers:
- a pair of white calf socks
- lace trimming
- cotton tassel/fringe trimming (mine was from an old poncho)
- needle and thread or fabric glue
- embellishments (optional)


1. Take the fringe trimming and wrap it around your ankle. Leave 2-3cm for the button and hole. Measure the lace to the same length (this is to hide the top part of the fringe trimming). Sew/glue the pieces together, it doesn't matter what side you start with.

2. Sew a button on one end of the trimming, then wrap it around your ankle again to see where to cut the hole. When cutting the hole, always make a small cut and then adjust if needed, as you want it to be secure.

3. Now it's time to sprinkle some fairy dust over these lovelies with some embellishments! Or simply leave them plain like this. You are in control fellow one.


Come to think of it, this is an anklet more than anything! God knows why it took me this long to realize dsjkhsdf hhaha. I can imagine it being worn over the elbow; I'll have to try that one out. Well, I was serious when I said I have countless DIY's for you all, so I know you'll forgive me - you have to! Okay I'm out to carry on with my project, therefore it is until next time Fairies. If you try this DIY out, post a picture and tag #ASdiy on Twitter or Instagram!

Be unique & create magic dudes♥

Sharrie xXx

3 comments: