Thursday 25 July 2013

DIY: The Ring Holder

Hello Earthlings,


Yes! It's half term dudes! Thought this week would never come though, its practically over and I haven't finished my work - great. I really need to stop procrastinating, it's just taking over my crazy life, but I'm going to beat it out of me if I have to. Well yeah that's what school is like for me at the moment. Getting back to the topic of this post, I got your DIY *underlines 100 times* for yaaa!! So basically, I couldn't find the camera and it was likely to have been my fault. So I had to use my mums iphone. Not the greatest pictures but ohh well. And then I found the camera, after I finished making this. Guess who had it? My mother. LOL, the joy. Well with out further a do, I give you, the ring holder....

Your helpers:
-Magazines
-A Box
-Tape
-Scissors
-Ruler
-Material (preferably cotton)

1. Go to the middle of the magazine and rip a double page out. Then fold it back in half like this.
2. Take your ruler and measure the length from the bottom of the box to the top. Then measure that amount (in my case, 3cm) on the magazine paper.
3. Fold the paper from where you marked it. If you want the paper to be long, then fold from the short side of A4. If you want the paper to be short, fold from the long side of A4.
4. Continue to fold the paper until you can't no more. Tape the outside fold to secure it.



5. I didn't take a picture of this part but take your folded piece or paper and align it against your chosen box and cut off the excess for it to perfectly fit inside the box. Then continue steps 1-4 and fill in the box.
6. Use as much as you can, as you want it to be tight enough to hold your rings though loose enough to fit the rings in place. I don't know how much I used, but you will know how much as it depends on the size of box you chose.
7. Look who was on my TV!! MJ the way you make me feeeeeel *sings and breaks the window*....Ill calm down now.
8. Now get your chosen material, I just used an old top because I just liked the colourful print. Cut pieces of the material and wrap it around each piece of your folded mag paper, then seal it with tape. I didn't take pictures of this step because I forgot and mum was on the phone. Sad times.



Well yes, that's about it for my DIY guys. It was really quick and everything was already in my house! Didn't spend a penny - yeah buddy! Oh yes, that ryhmed B-). And this is the first time I'm posting something from my phone, how cooool?! Well I had to edit it on my comp, but still, the bomb diggidy or what?! Follow me on Instagram if you have it: @shavanafraser_x . Hope you guys try this out because it looks so nice when it's finished. Tell me how it goes, and remember, there's no rules, make it however you like it. One more thing, remember I told you that The Getty Images in Westfield Stratford is showcasing MJs clothes? I booked my ticket for next week Friday!!!!! Im sooo excited, so expect a post dudes! Happy DIYing fellow earthlings.

Live Long and Prosper Dudes♡

Sharrie xXx

6 comments:

  1. This is amazing - you come up with such cool DIYs! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much! That has put a great smile on my face :D
      Sharrie xXx

      Delete
  2. woah, this is SUCH a good idea!!
    Saadiya x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this is such a great idea & seems really simple as well! you girls are so cute :) our blog is run by two people as well *high5*

    www.twoplicates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. *high5* Indeed! Thank you! You should totally try it :D

    ReplyDelete