Friday 24 August 2012

Just making and fixing things.

Hello chums,

Firstly, hope you guys have had an awesome week (: You must must must forgive us for the lack of posts this week. WE HAVE NOT ABANDONED YOU! Plus we have ample reason... WE GOT ZE GSCE RESULTS YESTERDAY !!!!!! We're so "hkahbvsnc" and happy with the outcome, we hope and pray that those who collected GCSE's are as proud of yourselves as we are *synchronized scary grins*

Right on with today's post...
I think my style is quite London Girl,with a massive dose of the 60's. And I tried to channel that through this outfit post. To be quite fair, it's a lazy outfit, not really deserving more than an appreciative nod. But that's because I really wanted the jumper to be the focus. It's something I made through the summer to build up my wardrobe for sixth form (argghhhhh!!!). It says, Insouciant which means care-free and unconcerned, which I really need to be as I am such a STRESS HEAD. Oh yeah, and when I say I made it, I mean my beloved nana sat adjacent to my hip, insisting that she "fixes a few things".I am sooo not a perfectionist.



Friends I must also share with you what I discovered whilst cleaning out my jewellery box. Yonks ago, I broke my fave River Island necklace (oh how I love the RI sale). It was one of those 'un-fixable' breaks because the actual chain had snapped. But then I was thinking, what could I do with it as their was NO WAY I was just chucking it away and admitting defeat. I found my answer in the form of a lonely earring (it's lonely because I lost the other one).

Step 1: stick the lonely earring into the hole of the chain.

Step 2: Secure it by putting the butterfly back at the end of the earring

Step 3: Use the hook and put it through the butterfly back.


And juuuuuust to show you it works ...
Any comments and feedback would be appreciated, thanks for bothering to read though, I know I waffle :P.

Ammie xx(:

44 comments:

  1. Thanks for the lovely comment on our blog :) we are now following! the jumper is really nice! xx

    http://cositsthebeesknees.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear your GCSEs went well! :) Such a genius way of fixing a necklace! <3

    Ellen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ellen !
      And yeah Congrats again on your results still very :O about your 12 A*s !!!!!
      Ammie xx

      Delete
  3. Such a cute outfit :) that necklace idea is amazing - definitely trying it out! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it :D
      Thanks for stopping by
      Ammie xx

      Delete
  4. Really cool look dear!
    xx chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your jumper is so so cute, I love it. Well done on your results! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this outfit, your jumper is so cool! I can't believe you made it, wish I could so something like that, hehe!

    Pip x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you can Pip, you are slightly amazing ;)
      Ammie xx

      Delete
  7. im in love with your blouse<3
    would you like to follow each other?
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/CoeursDeFoxes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks soo much, and sure we'll follow you (:
      Ammie xx

      Delete
  8. well done for your exams, i got mine as well, im so relieved! love this outfit, the jumpers awesome :) its so cool that their are two of you, we're a joint blog as well. following, maybe you could check us out?xx

    www.smallpursebigwardrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and we're following you guys too. Just popped round to your blog, soo cute !

      Ammie xx

      www.ammieandsharrie.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous photographs you look so lovely! I love your jumper!
    dimplesdiaries

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the jumper, such a cute pastel yellow color! thanks for your comment on my blog, i'm your newest follower on gfc! please visit me and see if you want to follow too? i think you'll like my outfits, thanks!

    www.dailydisguise.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just came across your blog I L O V E it : ) now following
    check out www.fashionispoetic.blogspot.com
    follow if you like : ) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and yes we shall check out your blog !
      Ammie xx

      Delete
  12. Hi! I'm your new follower:) please check out my blog and follow me back if you don't mind :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Celia
      And we shall check out your blog (:
      Ammie xx

      Delete
  13. Just fixed my favourite necklace using this tip, thanks!

    www.lucyrebeccca.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohmygoodness yaaaayyy !!!
      I love that my moments of messing around benefited someone
      Ammie xx

      Delete
  14. Following you back, really, really, really love your blog!! It´s very nice and wellcoming!! And I´m glad my spanish is helping you! hahahah

    And I´m gonna use your trick right now because one of my necklaces broke last week... I put a safety pin because that´s my solution to everything, but I´m pretty sure your idea will work better!

    This week we´re going to Madrid Fashion Week and we´ll be telling everything that happens there in our blog, starting this friday! It´s gonna be madness!! You can check our blog to see what happens besides the runway shows at a fashion week!!

    kisses!! Have a great week!
    http://sharpenstyle.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks for the heads up, we look forward to checking that out! And ohmygoodness I love that my trick helped you,(seriously, I am grinning like a loon) and thanks for taking time to comment, we appreciate these things. Thanks a bunch for following!
      Ammie xx

      Delete
  15. Congratulations on your results! I love your outfit, the jumper is so cute! And that's a genius way to fix a necklace! x

    http://www.jenventure.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love, and thanks for sharing your thoughts, we appreciate it!
      Ammie xx

      Delete
  16. the jumper is so adorable! :) and thanks so much for the tips, it's such a huge help :)

    Your blog is fantastic :) it's so much fun and interesting!
    I really enjoy reading your posts, they make me smile!
    I'm so excited to read more posts from you and gain more inspiration <3

    hope you have a fab day hun! ~ XO
    Chriissydollxo's Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww what a lovely comment, you're comment is what made me smile, forget our posts lool. Thanks for stopping by our blog and commenting, we shall be checking out yours.
      Ammie xx

      Delete
  17. That sweater <3 Officially the best idea ever and I can't wait to do that to a couple of mine.

    http://anni-dot-elle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thankies!
      And make sure you let me know how it goes when you try this idea out!
      Ammie xx

      Delete
  18. Oh wow! I never would have thought of that earring thing before! I usually just use a safety pin when that happens to me... your solution is much classier. ;D

    Also thanks for your comment on my blog! I'm really, really glad you appreciated the subject of the post. <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh no problem ! And thanks for popping round to our blog (:
    And yeah I hadnt thought of using safety pins, option 2 right there
    Ammie xx

    ReplyDelete